It is a priority for Gizem Seramik Frit San. A.Ş. to avoid any negative impacts on the environment and human health during operations and to constantly improve initiatives on this issue.
It is a major duty for us to always maximize awareness of our employees, subcontractors, suppliers, interns, and visitors on environmental and occupational safety and to inform them on potential dangers and impacts upon entering the facilities.
Within this framework, fundamental principles of our Environmental and Occupation Health and Safety Policy include:
- To comply with the legal regulations and other provisions on occupational health and safety.
- To identify and evaluate potential environmental impacts as well as factors and dangers of potential injury and disease risks caused by our operations; to eliminate such impacts and risks at the source by adopting a preventive approach and/or to build, operate, constantly review, and improve control systems to minimize them.
- To use energy and natural resources in a way that ensures minimum consumption and to implement innovative technologies to this end when possible.
- To keep wastes under control; to ensure that wastes are sorted at the source, put to good use and disposed of properly; to reduce the amount of waste so as to mitigate environmental impact; to attach importance to using recycled materials.
- To be prepared for emergencies; to prevent such emergencies from occurring; to plan and implement measures required to minimize impact and dangers in potential emergencies; to train and create awareness in employees; to inform neighboring communities and the society when necessary.
- To improve related performance goals by constantly improving occupational health and safety and environmental practices.
- To employ and constantly develop innovative technologies to manufacture goods that are not harmful to the environment and human health.
- To spare a budget to prevent potential large-scale industrial accidents in the facilities; to ensure that the management abides by this policy; to make all necessary effort to improve the related performance of the company.
In line with this policy, we will ensure the cooperation required to enable all stakeholders -from employees to suppliers and customers- to fulfill their responsibilities completely.